Opening sequence research


Research

Figuring out how to start my opening sequence was difficult as it would instantly set the theme and tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8twthdaqB8

After watching several opening sequences I decided to go for a mysterious start. To achieve I included no introductory music and a small section of audio indicating typing. By only having this section of audio singled out it draws importance to it. Usually opening sequences will have an establishing shot to show where the part of the film will be based. In my opening frequency I combined different aspects to show that my film concept darts around places. This goes hand in hand with the pace of the sequence was it goes from slow to fast showing chaos, disorientating the audience.

Films will usually show credits during the opening but as I didn't have any production and actors I was able to fill it with a basis of text; ''The world thrives on technology'' and ''And the technology has changed us''. It allows me to outline how technology will be the basis and shows how its not being spotlighted positively.

Image result for opening credits

As shown here film makers often combine the opening sequence with the credits which can often feel authentic but can cause a crowded frame. The fonts play very well into the theme so when creating my sequence I had to make sure that the textual parts linked with the theme. I used Eurostile as to me it best resembled technology due to its sharpness and spacing between letters making it feel even and not crowded. The other font I used which is  very similar to Eurostile is OCR A Std as it gave the feel of technology and resembled my theme.

Audio

When deciding what to use for audio clips |I decided to go with a deep bass audio as it creates the building suspense and a great feeling of tension. It can act as a tool to surround the audience and make them feel insignificant as the sound is over powering.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aspects of editing