Poster Research


When creating the poster I had to become familiar with Photoshop. Two sections were split from where I was working. In college I completed the base of my poster and at home I finished the poster on Photoshop. With the help of a friend I was able to pick up the more technical aspects of Photoshop. For example I was learning the use of curves and how they alter colour as well as how to screen layers. It allowed me to create certain effects with my poster that added to the story and allowed me to not have less blocky pictures.

In my poster I used guidelines to allow me to portion my poster fairly so one side isn't heavier than the other. I was able to centralise the poster with an image of Henry Cavill. My images do not leak off of the page and fit smoothly in each section. My poster gives a small hint towards the ''film'' without revealing too much.

The story of the poster is that a man is caught between his military background and his desire to fight again along with his journalistic justice. I used two pictures from both sides to emphasise the impact of the aspects. Also the title ''Behind the Board'' contrasts with the quote which are both written in different fonts to keep the conflict between the sides balanced.




My first couple ideas revolved around having a central character in the frame, this is clearly shown in the final design of the poster. My target audience revolves around older teens and men in their 30's as this 'film' concept is based on warfare and mainly consists of male screen time. This age range usually enjoy action a lot so i decided to go for an action film concept as it is very intriguing.

These three posters are the influence to my poster. From the film ''The man from U.N.C.L.E'' the poster focuses mainly on the lead character as they are the more prominent body compared to the title. Also the use of the same actor ''Henry Cavill'' is because he portrays a formal persona with underlying themes of other mannerisms. The Film ''legend'' has a very unique poster which shows several of its ratings behind the characters. The Characters are yet again centralized which I interpreted into my own. By showing ratings you influence the audience into seeing it as they want to see if it lives up to the expectations. In the ''Ant-man'' poster the main character lead played by Paul Rudd is standing out compared to all other characters which fade into the background. I have taken this aspect into my poster as the aspects of my lead characters life are in the background fading out but still remain there. It shows that they have things to deal with while they carry out their life.

Target audience is really important as without it the film would not indicate the type of people who should watch it. This could lead to confusion and mislead the audience. With my poster I clearly signaled its violence with the age rating and presence of weapons. As well as an age rating I included a ''starring'' section that lies across the bottom of my columns. It acts as a barrier to the pictures above it so they are not left alone. It accompanies several aspects of the poster. Using the magic eraser tool I was able to keep this black theme to resemble death within the 'film'. It made some images fade into the background shown prominently in the top right picture of the 'crazy wall'.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening sequence research

Aspects of editing